Treat yourself to a fondue experience on your New Orleans statycation and spend the evening at the Melting Pot restaurant. It’s located on St. Charles Avenue between St. Mary Street and Felicity Street. When you are there you can either choose from a pre-fixed menu or mix and match any fondue combination you like. Now before you make your reservations, take a moment to read over the tips which are shown below. They should help you to save a little extra money off the total cost of your New Orleans Melting Pot experience. And in addition to all of that you should also find a listing of the latest known coupons for the Melting Pot listed below as well for even more savings.
Tips & Coupons
- Take advantage of happy hour prices every night. The Melting Pot restaurant in New Orleans offers happy hour every night from 5pm to 7pm.
- Come to the Melting Pot on Sunday nights and enjoy endless fondue. Visit on Monday nights for specials on fondue desserts.
- Be sure to join Club Fondue or follow the Melting Pot on Facebook and Twitter. They will keep you informed of the latest news, promotions, and sometimes even exclusive coupons. You will also receive a free coupon to use on your birthday when you sign up for Club Fondue.
- Check with the New Orleans Tourism Marketing Corporation or the New Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau. They offer a few coupons for area attractions and activities including a lot of coupons for dining experiences.
- If you are in the military then be sure to show your military ID and you will receive 20% off your bill. This offer is just good for dinners Monday through Thursday.
- Keep an eye on the daily deal / coupon sites like Groupon. You can sometimes find savings of up to 50% off the total cost of your fondue dining experiences at the Melting Pot restaurant in New Orleans.
One staycation activity that is always fun and exhilarating is to take a New Orleans airboat tour. These airboats can reach speeds of 50 miles per hour as they glide over just inches of swamp water. There are multiple options available for different types of swamp tours and quite a few airboat tour operators to choose from. Before you book your airboat tours though, here are a few tips for savings as well as coupons for your next swamp tour.
- Check with the New Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau. They offer a few coupons for area activities, shopping, and more. There is almost always a coupon in there for a airboat swamp tour.
- Get the New Orleans Power Pass. This discount card saves you up to 50% on area attractions and activities which includes 50% off an airboat tour.
- Most of the of the airboat tour operators offer online booking on their own website. A few of them actually offer an additional discount (typically a 10% savings) for any person booking an airboat tour through their website.
Don’t park anywhere in New Orleans without reading this first. There are ways you can save on your parking expenses in the city. Look for the Central Parking garages and lots. They offer some already really low rates on parking and you can actually save even more money because you can often find coupons for parking at their garages and lots. For those planning a staycation just visit their website and then find the attraction(s) you wish to visit. A map will show the parking garages and lots close by. For some you will see a coupon icon. Click on that for additional savings for parking at that lot. You just print out the coupon and present it at the gate.
Today is the final day to purchase discounted tickets for the Sugar Bowl on January 2nd between the Louisville Cardinals and the Florida Gators. If you are a member of the Audubon Nature Institute you can purchase tickets for $40 each or 4 tickets for $100. Just call (502) 852-7254 to purchase your discounted tickets. You can then pick them up on game day at the will call office. Again this offer expires tonight so you must hurry if you want the discounted Sugar Bowl tickets.
Probably one of the very best savings tools you can have is the NOLA mobile app. It’s free and available for iPhone / iPad and the Android smartphones. It’s not just for visitors. Locals can use it too! Included are the latest deals, savings, and coupons offered by the New Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau. That way you can always check your savings on the go. Just visit the New Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau and download the app to your smartphone.
If you are planning to visit both the National WWII Museum (with admission to Beyond All Boundaries) and the Steamboat Natchez then take advantage of the savings offered by the combo tickets. You can save $8 per person versus the actual cost of each ticket. See HERE for further details on this combo ticket deal as well as to go ahead and purchase your discounted combo tickets through Steamboat Natchez.
Save up to $33 on your admission to the attractions at the Audubon Institute. Get admission to the Audubon Zoo, Audubon Aquarium of the Americas, Entergy IMAX Theatre and Audubon Butterfly Garden and Insectarium with savings up to $33 with the Audubon Experience Package. Once you purchase the package it is valid for 45 consecutive days starting with your first visit. Starting tomorrow you can see the Dark Knight Rises at the Entergy IMAX Theatre. See HERE for further details on the Audubon Experience Package and to purchase your combo tickets.
Planning a staycation visit to all 3 of the Audubon attractions? Save up to $8 on your admission to the Audubon Zoo, Aquarium and Insectarium versus the cost of paying for each admission separately. Child, student, and senior discounts are also available for this combo deal from Audubon. See HERE for further details and to purchase your Audubon combo tickets.
Only a few more days left for this coupon offered by the New Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau. This coupon will save you $2 off per adult and $1 off per child or senior. It’s good for museum combo tickets only though. See HERE for further details and to print out the National World War II Museum coupon from the New Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau.